Thursday, January 28, 2010

my project skeleton/ skin



this is the design that i chose to make for my skeleton/ skin project. I am a little weary that since it is so geometric that it is going to be difficult to make. the design is very simple so it will have less room for mistakes because over correcting with copper wire (which I am using for the skeleton) can be very noticeable. for the skin i am going to use wax paper or tracing paper that i am going to paint with liquithick gel epaississant mixed with a colored acrylic paint, this will give it a translucent effect and it will make the paper more sturdy. I am going to put the skin on by sewing it to the copper wire skeleton. I am unsure what color I am going to make the skin but I am falling towards a yellowish orange i think that i will use black thread to connect the skin but still i will have to see how it contrasts to the color i decide for the skin. Also I am going to have my finished project suspended from the ceiling and each edge of the design will be connected with fishing line. I like where i have decided to put the skin because at first glance it will look like two suspended flat planes, only to realize that the flat planes are part of a more constructed 3-d design. with the flat planes one above the other i think that it has the look of an airplane, like one of the first ones of the wright brothers. I do have more sketches for this project but am still figuring out if i want to scan them or photograph them. I will figure it out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment