Monday, February 1, 2010

cat saddles

for the past few days i have been thinking of cat saddles. not just like felt saddles, or something easy to make. saddles are, and can be, really cool if well crafted. Not well crafted, they do have a purpose in that it makes it easier to ride a horse. leather is an awesome medium, like leather work and shit or tooling some leather. I don't want to tool the leather myself, instead i want to go into a saddle shop, which i think that i can find one in Idaho somewhere abouts, then ask the saddle makers to go nuts and make two cat saddles. i want these saddles not for putting on my cats, well maybe once, but i want them to be on display in my house. I don't want people to walk by and say "oh cat saddles" but i want people to say "oh my god!, look at those beautiful saddles!" with out realizing that they are miniature, and saddles for cats. i can bluntly say that cat saddles would not have a practical purpose, but I can ask myself "what kind of creature would need a saddle for a cat or a saddle of that size." and I can answer "a hamster, of course" then I will rethink and say "maybe, something bigger, like a guinea pig" Then i would have to have a guinea pig, and that guinea pig would have to have colonial clothing. mice with saddles and grasshoppers in clothing. I have to stop writing this. I will sketch about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment